Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Circuit of Sauk

Saturday turned out to be a wonderful spring day of biking. We arrived at the Circuit of Sauk and were greeted with familiar faces and warm sunshine. Chasity raced first in the women's Cat 4 event. This was only her second road race and by far the harder of the two. I raced in the Masters 30+ cat. and managed to stay in the second pack over the first climb. On the back side of the course I went to the front on Shortcut and down Pinebluff. That was dumb because when we came around for the second lap the attacks started. Brad Tennis and I worked together to stay on but just dangled of the back of the second pack after the Golf Course climb. I never got back on but I did finish 21st overall, much better than last place a year ago. On a positive note I broke all my power records during the race, so I must be getting faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment