Monday, May 18, 2009

Iola I-O-L-A Iooolaaaa









What a spectacular day. I really like riding my mountain bike with my friends and family. You know that feeling of a warm soft blanket right out of the dryer, that is how it makes me feel. Is it the total beat down of my body at the end, the smell of the pine needles, the flow of the single track, or all of the above? Whatever it is I like it. Why is it that I am always later than I want to be? It would be nice to be on time and be able to relax before the first race of the day, but as usual it was a mad dash to get Monica and Chasity registered and ready to race. I had my numbers on my tires aired up, and was just about to get dressed but something was just not right. I had forgot to register myself to race. As always the start was like being shot out of cannon except I was just the packing as the projectile launched out ahead of me. I slowly worked my way back up through the pack and found a guy in my age group that I was pretty evenly matched with. We kept moving forward every lap, and it felt really good to keep catching people instead of being passed. In the end I beat my time from last year by almost twenty minutes. On another note congrats to everyone else on the team Monica, Chasity, Niki, Lisa, Helmy, Brad, Todd, Ryan, Jordan, Zack, Kyle, Bryan, and Kurt. Thanks to Julia for taking the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment