Saturday, May 16, 2009

Larue Denzer Larue

Another fine day of road racing. I decided to try the double again, racing today and again tomorrow at Iola. The last time I did this, Iola was not very fun for me, but I have a lot more miles in my legs than last time and I did not blow my self up today. The new road race was a killer with over 2300' of climbing in 32 miles. I managed to stay on for the first mile or so and then we hit Freedom road and started climbing. I watched my zones and stayed were I needed to stay as the main group rode away. A small pack of us formed and stayed together most of the race until the final climb up Denzer Rd. I did not have anyone catching me and no-one ahead I could catch, so I started my cool down on the way back into Larue. We will see what happens at Iola, hopefully I do not fall flat on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment