Sunday, April 26, 2009

He's all over his machine right now


I finally have my new machine put together. I have always liked when Phil Ligget says " He is all over his machine right now!" He also likes to say, " He is an excellent bike rider." Does he mean the the rider can handle his bike well, that he has a big engine to turn the pedals, or both? I hope that if he was commenting on one of my races that he would call me an "excellent bike rider". The bike has been an 8 month process since breaking my frame at Sunburst in Kewaskum. Pete at Wildside Adventure Store worked some magic to replace my Zigarut with a Superfly. I had to wait until we had our sponsors lined up before I could order all of the parts. Thanks to SRAM, Bontrager, Rock Shox, and Truvativ I was able to put together a nice ride at a reasonable price. Now the hard part will be to do the bike some justice and get it on the podium. I think I have made some good progress with my training and weight loss so far this season, but the truth will come out on race day because there is always somebody else working harder than you. The Hi-Fi is Chasity's new bike. She has been riding her Schwinn Homegrown for about 10 years, so it was time for an upgrade. She really likes it so far but I have to swap out a few parts for her. Hope to see some of you at the Circuit of Sauk this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment