Monday, July 20, 2009

Goundhogs Day

A grassy ski hill? I never have liked Sunburst and I never will. Since I will miss race number 7 I felt compelled to go to Westbend and race on a freshly mowed hill. Niki said it best, "it feels like that movie Groundhogs Day when you are out in the fields". I had a terrible start ( fell to fifth overall so no call-up) after Don said gooooooo a guy flatted at the front and as he was trying to get out of the way the rider behind him into him and then I hit him, 12-15 people go by us and the chase is on. I only managed to pass 4-5 people before the single track climb and got stuck in the traffic. Oh well I did what I could from there and worked my way forward as best I could. The top 30 still remains elusive to me, it seems like 3 minutes is not that long but when you stand in one spot and wait for another person for three minutes it is an eternity. I will keep driving and striving and going for speed. The main goal this year is Ore to Shore, hoping to get close to the three hour mark. Last time I did the race (2005) my time was 3:23.

No comments:

Post a Comment