Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kettles

On Sunday we spent a wonderful day at the Kettles. Monica rode 9 miles of the blue loop and only got off her bike a few times, she did some awesome riding. At the connector trail Monica and I headed back to the parking lot while the rest of the group rode on. Monica waited for me in the parking lot while I did the red, white, orange, and purple loops. I would ride for twenty minutes and stop back and check on her over and over. Chasity came back and Bryan and I headed out for one last 7 mile loop. Almost four hours and over 35 miles of single track.
Tonight I decided to get the cross bike tuned up for Sept 26th. To my dismay the chain was toast, so I called Wildside to see if they had any Campy ten speed chains. Brian said "No" apparently there has been a shortage of Campy chains in the U.S. this year. He informed me that a SRAM chain should work and luckily I had a spare in the basement. It worked OK and I headed of to Devils Lake. Need a few adjustments but I am looking forward to Sun Prairie. See yall at Treadfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment