Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stage Race Madness

Well it has been a few weeks since the last post. We had a lovely Brefixt ride with about 20 people in attendance. Most people still have not mastered the slow pace yet, but it was a great meal at Martha's in Lyndon Station. The WORS Suburu Cup Stage Race was pretty fun, I went in to Saturday feeling good about my chances but my legs just did not respond for the cross-country race, I felt like I was stuck in reverse and grinding all day. Sunday was the Super D and short track. After pre-riding the Super D I was really excited for that event, 65% downhill with a Le Mans start, whats not to love? I was sprinting for my bike when two guys crossed over in front of me and ran into each other, then as I reached for my bike some guy started yelling at another "you have my bike" and "bring me my bike back", through the chaos I made it into the woods in fourth place. Jesse Bell was second wheel and I could see he was being held up. I made it into third in the bottom single track and then second place bobbled and then I tried to catch Jesse. After he got the lead he was gone but I did mange my first (and probably last) podium of the year. I was feeling great after the Super D so I thought I might be able to hang in the Short Track. Don said GOOOOOOOOOOOOO and I was in reverse again. 5th, 10th, 18th, Ryan kept yelling at me "STAND UP MEAT" , finally the legs kicked in and I was in 15th, 12th, 10th, 9th and then it was over. Not bad for the weekend I finished in a three way tie for 4th overall in my age group. On to the Firecracker.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Chris! Sounds like a great day was had by all! Good luck in the Firecracker.

    ReplyDelete