Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time for the Classics



It has been 7 years since my visit to the cobbles and it still seems like it was only yesterday. We rode Flanders, and Paris Roubaix the day before each event. The Belgian cobbles were short sections of very steep and slippery stones, that if you did not stay seated, your tires lost traction and you ended up with the embarrassing hike a bike to the top. The French cobbles were punishing in a different way, long straight stretches that you had to turn you big ring and hold on for the ride. I was not much into road racing when I made the trip, I bought my first road bike only three months prior to the trip, and then punished it for 7 days all over Belgium. Hopefully we will go back in the next few years. Need to go to L-B-L and Amstel next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment